Sony Ericsson recently announced three new handsets, two of them with Android DNA – the Xperia Ray and Xperia Active.
The Xperia Ray has a 3.3” screen and runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread. It is powered by a 1Ghz processor and sports a thin 9.4mm profile. The Xperia Ray uses a Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine and an 8.1 megapixel camera with Exmor R for mobile and HD video functionality. Sony Ericsson claims that Facebook is integrated with the Xperia Ray so this could be a hit with Facebook users.
Talking about the Xperia ray, Daniel Sandblom, Global Product Marketing Manager for Sony Ericsson said: “We expect Xperia ray to appeal to consumers who are looking for a combination of beautiful design and a rich feature set. We are able to uniquely deliver this with a combination of premium materials and multimedia features provided by Sony.”
Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray Specifications
- Google Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- 3.3 inches capacitive touchscreen at 854 x 480 pixels
- 111 x 53 x 9.4mm
- 100 grams
- 8.1mp camera, front-facing camera (VGA)
- HD video recording (720p)
- Sony Exmor R™ CMOS sensor
- Bluetooth™ stereo (A2DP)
- Radio (FM radio with RDS)
- 3.5 mm audio jack, aGPS, Bluetooth™ technology, DLNA Certified™
- USB High speed 2.0 support, Wi-Fi
- Display Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA® Engine
- Phone memory (user-free) up to 300MB
- microSD up to 32GB
- memory card included: 4GB microSD
- 1500mAh battery
Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray Intro Video.