LG Philippines has put the LG Optimus Pad on pre-order. On the web page lgoptimus.ph/optimuspad LG states that the offer is for a limited time only as the Optimus Pad will not be officially launched in the Philippines. So if you have been waiting for this Android tablet, this might be your only chance to get a unit.
The Optimus Pad is priced at Php50,000 (about US$1,200) but if you pre-order from July 20 to August 7, LG will slash Php15,000 from the price. You’ll end up paying Php35,000, which to me is still quite expensive for an Android tablet.
LG Optimus Pad Specifications and Features
- Thickness: 12.8 mm (0.50 in) thin
- Weight: 621 g
- LCD capacitive touchscreen
- 8.9 inch display, 768 x 1280 pixels, 15 : 9 aspect ratio
- Memory: 32GB non expandable
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi / A-GPS support
- Processor: 1GHz NVIDIA Tegra 2 AP20H Dual Core Processor
- OS: Android Honeycomb
- Input/Output: Mini HDMI 1.3, 3.5 mm stereo headphone jack, stereospeakers
- Camera: Primary dual 5MP camera, 2560 x 1920 pixels, autofocus, LED flash, Stereoscopic photos & videos, 2D video 1080 pixels @ 24 fps, 3D video 720 pixels @ 30 fps, secondary 2MP front camera
- Battery: Li-Ion 6,400 mAh, standby up to 273 hours, talk time up to 9 hours 20 mins