The handset previously called as the Galaxy Z has been officially announced by Samsung as the Galaxy R. This is an important handset as it is almost similar to the Galaxy S II in specs, only it has lower price tag.
The Galaxy R is different from the Galaxy S II in thickness, with the Galaxy R coming in a little thicker at 9.55mm, and in camera sensor size, with the Galaxy R getting a slightly smaller camera sensor. It’s also worth noting that the Galaxy R will be sporting an SC-LCD screen instead of the more popular AMOLED variant.
Samsung I9103 Galaxy R Specifications
- 4.2″ SC-LCD capacitive touchscreen with 480 x 800 resolution
- Dual-core 1GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor
- Nvidia GeForce GPU, Tegra 2 chipset
- 1GB RAM, 2GB ROM
- Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread OS
- 8GB storage
- up to 32GB via microSD card
- 5MP auto-focus camera with LED flash
- 1.3MP front-facing camera
- 720p video recording
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP
- GPS with aGPS support
- FM radio
- Li-Ion 1650mAh battery
The Galaxy R is expected to arrive in the Philippines in the third quarter of 2011.