Nokia just unveiled the Nokia 500 handset running on Symbian Anna. The Nokia 500 is the first 1GHz Symbian Anna smarpthone and only the second Nokia phone to pack a 1GHz processor. The Nokia N9 MeeGo handset takes the honor as the first 1GHz Nokia phone.
With the Nokia 500, the Finnish handset maker is trying to use a feature that made it popular in the 90s – easily replaceable covers. The Nokia 500 is priced at 150 Euros (about Php9,000) and will be available during third quarter of 2011.
Nokia 500 Specifications
- 3.2″ TFT capacitive touch screen display with 360×640 resolution
- 1GHz processor
- Symbian Anna Operating System
- 2GB internal storage, expandable up to 32GB via microSD
- HSDPA 14.4Mbps, HSUPA 5.76Mbps
- WiFi 802.11 b/g, Bluetooth 2.1
- 5MP camera
- GPs with aGPS support
- FM radio tuner
- 1100mAh battery
- Size 111.3 x 53.8 x 14.1 mm
- Weight 93g