The WD Scorpio Blue 1 TB hard drive is now in the Philippines. Maker Western Digital recently made a press release to announce the hard drive’s local availability. The WD Scorpio Blue is a 9.5 mm, 2.5-inch mobile hard drive with 1 TB capacity designed for mainstream notebook computers and utilizes 500 GB-per-platter areal density. Western Digital made this hard drive with ruggedness, reliability and data-security in mind.
“With the release of the 1 TB WD Scorpio Blue notebook drive in a 9.5 mm package, WD is able to offer the greatest storage capacity available for use in portable computing environments,” said Matt Rutledge, vice president and general manager of Client Storage for WD. “Mobileusers no longer need to choose maximum capacity over thin and light, WD is ready with storage options, achieved without compromise to performance and reliability, that prove ideal for mobile digital devices of all kinds including PC and Mac notebook computers; external storage; and digital media players.”
Here are the features of the WD Scorpio Blue.
- Low power consumption – Advanced power management features and algorithms optimize the way the drive seeks for data, which significantly improves power consumption.
- Cool and quiet – WD’s WhisperDrive technology yields one of the quietest 2.5-inch hard drives on the market.
- Reliable – WD’s SecurePark parks the recording heads off the disk surface during spin up, spin down, and when the drive is off. This ensures the recording head never touches the disk surface resulting in improved long term reliability due to less head wear, and improved non-operational shock tolerance.
- Shock Tolerant – WD’s ShockGuard technology, now increased to a best-in-market 400Gs shock specification, protects the drive mechanics and platter surfaces from shocks.
- Advanced Format (AF) – Technology being adopted by WD and other drive manufacturers to continue growing hard drive capacities. New drives featuring AF are optimized for operation with the following operating system software: Windows 7, Windows Vista and Mac OS X Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard (PVT models only).
- Tested for compatibility – WD performs tests on hundreds of systems and a multitude of platforms in its FIT Lab and Mobile Compatibility Lab to give customers confidence that drives will work in specific systems.
Consider this hard drive if you’re planning on upgrading your notebook’s storage. Available now in local resellers, the WD Scorpio Blue 1 TB (model WD10JPVT) hard drive retails for only P5,995.