YouTube not only compiled the 10 most watched videos in 2011 but also came out with a list of the 10 most watched music videos for the year. Music videos or MTV’s are important in promoting a song or an album so artists and producers are getting more and more creative in making them.
On YouTube though, you don’t know if people really watch the music videos for the video themselves or just to listen to the songs featured. Take the number one music video for 2011 for instance, which is for the song On the Floor by Jennifer Lopez. The video is not unique or extraordinary, nor is it creative or specially entertaining. It’s just a video that shows Jennifer Lopez dancing and Pitbull singing. Yet the song already gathered 455 million hits to date. LMFAO’s Party Rock Anthem takes the second place on the list, but this one is quite entertaining so I understand why it has gathered 328 million hits to date. Bruno Mars’ The Lazy Song which now has 250 million views is also quite fun to watch.
Based on number of videos on the list though, Pitbull is the most popular with three videos and Katy Perry and LMFAO are next with 2 videos each.
Here now are the 10 Most Watched Music Videos in 2011.
1. Jennifer Lopez - On The Floor ft. Pitbull
2. LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem ft. Lauren Bennett, GoonRock
3. Bruno Mars - The Lazy Song [Official Video]
4. Nicki Minaj - Super Bass
5. Pitbull - Give Me Everythingft.Ne-Yo, Afrojack, Nayer
6. Pitbull - Rain Over Me ft. Marc Anthony
7. Jessie J - Price Tag ft. B.o.B.
8. LMFAO - Sexy and I Know It
9. Katy Perry - E.T. ft. Kanye West
10. Katy Perry - Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)