Nokia just announced the availability of Symbian Belle for a number of Nokia phones. Symbian Belle is the newest version of Symbian OS and from my experience using the Nokia 700, it’s far superior to previous versions. Nokia encourages owners of compatible phones to update, saying that once that have installed Symbian Belle, they’ll still have the same phone, but “it will feel like new, with improved performance”.
The availability of the Symbian Belle update starts today. Nokia announced that the update will be available for the following compatible phones:
- Nokia N8
- Nokia E7
- Nokia E6
- Nokia X7
- Nokia C6-01
- Nokia C7
- Nokia Oro
- Nokia 500 (available within the next few weeks)
Nokia Belle has improved personalization options like the six home screens which can be individually customized, live widgets, screen shortcuts and a drop down menu. The Nokia Belle interface also offers imaging applications including HD video recording at 30 frames per second and also an improved browser.
The Symbian Belle update is already available to users in the Philippines and in several other countries including India, Russia, United Arab Emirates, Turkey, Poland, UK, Germany, Italy, Vietnam and Indonesia. If you want to check the availability of the Symbian Belle update in your country including its availability for your phone model’s code, go here.
How to Update to Symbian Belle
- Go to nokia.com/nokiasuite to download and install the Nokia Suite. Make sure you have the latest version of Nokia Suite (3.3 or later)
- Connect your phone to the computer with a USB cable.
- Select the Software Updates icon on Nokia Suite
- Follow the instructions on the screen (Nokia Suite will backup your data)
- Enter the PIN for your phone when prompted
Here’s a video tutorial from Nokia that might help you update your phone to Symbian Belle.