Samsung just unveiled a new mirrorless camera running on Android Jelly Bean. It’s called the Samsung Galaxy NX packs a 20.3 megapixel APS-C sensor and an interchangeable lens system. So for owners of NX cameras, you can use lenses on those cameras on the Galaxy NX. This is a feature-packed camera as it features 3G / 4G LTE, WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity.
For display, the Samsung Galaxy NX uses a 4.8-inch HD LCD display. The device is powered by a 1.6GHz Pega-Q quad-core processor and imaging tasks are powered by a DRIMe IV Signal processor. The Galaxy NX has a unique AF system that’s said to be a hybrid of those used on DSLRs and compact cameras. It features a shutter speed of 1/6,000th of a second and a shooting rate of 8.6fps. Being an Android device, the Samsung Galaxy NX has an Android interface but it has a device wheel that offers quick access to its 30 Smart Modes.
Unlike the Galaxy S4 Zoom, the Galaxy NX is a more serious camera for photography enthusiasts. It is a system that is heavy on technology yet it is aimed at more serious photographers, not causal shooters. The Galaxy NX’s sensor is good, the system is good, and there are a lot of connectivity options. This is a dream camera for mobile shooters that still prefer using zoom lenses.
Samsung Galaxy Camera NX Specs and Features
- 20.3MP APS-C CMOS sensor (same as NX300)
- 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 kit lens
- ISO 100-25600
- 4.8-inch 921K LCD with capacitive touchscreen with Gorilla Glass
- SVGA electronic viewfinder with diopter control
- JPEG, RAW, RAW+JPEG capture
- Movies 1920×[email protected], 1280×[email protected]
- Built-in GPS +GLONASS (A-GPS supported)
- 16GB Memory, 2GB RAM
- MicroSD card slot supports up to 64GB
- 1.6GHz Quad-core processor
- DRIMe IV imaging processor
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- 4360mAh battery
- Enhanced voice commands
- Advanced Hybrid Autofocus: 105 points on-chip phase-detect; 247-point contrast-detect
- Focus peaking
- WiFi a/b/g/n 2.4GHz, 5GHz
- Bluetooth 4.0 (LE)
- 4G LTE/3G HSPA+42Mbps cellular data
- Bundled with Adobe Lightroom
- 1/6000 second top shutter speed
- 8.6 fps
There’s no word yet as to the Samsung Galaxy NX’s pricing and availability.