Hot Watch is next popular smart watch, and may even become more popular than Pebble. That’s because the Hot Watch has a better set of features and it can actually be used to make private calls and send text messages.
Before the Hot Watch, smart watches like the Pebble or the Sony Smart Watch can only be used to check notifications and make simple controls, apart of course from being able to tell time. Hot Watch is not yet available commercially though, and it’s in fact still on Kickstarter for crowdfunding. The target has been surpassed so far so it’s just a matter of time before the Hot Watch becomes a reality. If all goes according to plan, the Hot Watch will start shipping to consumers by December of this year.
The way calling is executed on the Hot Watch is quite interesting to say the least. The Hot Watch uses a directional speaker that resides at the bottom of the wrist. It is then projected to the palm, which reflects and amplifies it to the user’s ear. The result is a crystal-clear phone call. The microphone on the other hand is located opposite of the speaker.
So what are the main features of the Hot Watch? Here they are:
Hot Watch Features
- Private calls amplified by the palm of your hand
- Voice activated calling and other phone control using your phone’s native voice recognition such as iPhone SIRI
- Receive and reply to Messages (SMS, Email, Facebook and Twitter)
- Music player remote control (for your phone’s native player)
- Multiple dial faces
- Automatic fast contacts sync
- Caller ID
- Audible and silent vibrating alarms and alerts
- Pedometer: Record running, walking, steps climbed, calories burned
- Fall detection with automatic text to emergency number (unless cancelled in 30 seconds)
- LED illumination
- Note capture: captures your handwriting on the watch face
- Tactile vibration feedback
- HOT Proximity Alerts: Never leave your phone behind and prevent theft
- Find your phone with remote beep
- Built-in LED Flashlight (ONLY in Curve)
- Water Resistant
- Multi-touch projected capacitive screen (Skim finger above glass to change screens)
And here are the tech specs of the Hot Watch.
Hot Watch Specs
- Cortex M3 processor
- Secondary DSP processor for Bluetooth, Call control and Audio Enhancements
- 1.26-inch e-paper display
- Bluetooth 4.0 (Bluetooth Dual Mode)
- 6-Axis Accelerometer and Gyroscope
- Multi-touch projected capacitive Screen
- Vibration motor with tactile touch function
- Flash light with 2200mcd white LED (Curve Model only)
- Anti-reflective glass with optical bonded display
Hot Watch is compatible with any phone but in order to get the full features, you’ll need to download the Hot Watch app, which is only available on Android and iOS. Learn more about Hot Watch here.