The Samsung Galaxy Gear is expected to be revealed on September 4 but VentureBeat already has photos of the device, describing it as Samsung’s Galaxy Gear smartwatch is “a chunky, 3-inch wrist-mounted accessory that runs Android apps and connects with your phone via Bluetooth”. VentureBeat was able to see one of the prototypes sent to developers and a few select partners. The actual product may deviate a bit from the prototype but not by much.
Here are photos from VentureBeat of the Samsung Galaxy Gear.
The tech site describes the Samsung Galaxy Gear as “about 3 inches diagonally and is quite large. Although its screen is square, large bezels on the top and bottom give it a chunky, rectangular shape, with rounded corners.”
The Galaxy Gear has a 4-megapixel camera built into the strap and has tiny speakers in the clasp. The Samsung Galaxy Gear also has the following features according to VentureBeat:
- Samsung S Voice for voice commands
- Preloaded with Android apps for social media, health tracking, etc.
- Integration with a companion Galaxy S phone or tablet
- An easy-to-use swipe function to access apps, the built-in camera, and the photo gallery
- Call logs (A cool use-case: You can initiate a call from the watch to a Samsung smartphone device)
- Internet access
- Power button on the side
- Social media integration — you can share to your Facebook or Twitter account from the watch
- 10+ hours battery life