Starmobile recently released the Starmobile Up. The 5 inch smartphone comes with a scratch resistant screen, a 1.3Ghz quad core MediaTek CPU and 1GB of RAM. Priced at only P4,990, you will also get a free OTG cable and Flip Case.
As always, I personally think having only 4GB of internal storage is a hindrance (even though you can always transfer apps to your SD Card). On the flip side, it has a really handy feature where in you can Double Tap to Wake/Sleep the device. And best of all, it comes with Android KitKat 4.4 out of the box. This, I think, is the best reason to consider if you are on the market for a 5 inch phone under P5k. KitKat brings with it numerous performance updates, as well as a lower memory footprint.
Starmobile Up specs
- 5 inch scratch resistant IPS display (854×480)
- 1.3Ghz quad-core MediaTek MT6582M processor
- Mali 400MP- 2 GPU
- 1GB of RAM
- 4GB of storage (+microSD up to 32GB)
- 8 MP BSI rear camera with flash and AF
- 2 MP front camera with BSI
- 3G, HSPA+, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, OTG
- 2,000mAh battery
- Android 4.4 KitKat