Sony officially introduces the Xperia C3. The new smartphone features a 5.5 inch screen with Sony’s Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2 for better image quality. The C3′s specs are more mid-range nowadays. It comes with a 1.2GHz Qualcomm CPU, an Adreno 305 GPU, 1GB of RAM, 8GB of storage with microSD, and Android 4.4 KitKat.
Since Sony is positioning this as it’s first “PROselfie” smartphone, the C3 is equipped with a 5MP front snapper with a wide 25mm lens and a “soft” LED flash. The front cam will have a “Superior Auto Mode”, as well as various selfie camera apps:
- AR effect incorporates themes that let you easily add fun graphics and animations – like pirate hats, horror faces and laser eyes – to your selfies and selfie videos.
- Portrait Retouch is another innovative app that allows you to have a real-time makeover of up to two people from a combination of choices from 10 different beauty styles, 10 DECO frame options and magic beam for 6 eye reflection pattern changes.
Sony Xperia C3 will be available in white, black and mint colors. China will be the first market to get it in August, followed by the rest of the world shortly after. The pricing is yet to be announced.
Sony Xperia C3 specs:
- 5.5-inch IPS HD display (720 x 1280)
- 1.2GHz Qualcomm CPU
- Adreno 305
- 8GB of storage (+microSD up to 32GB)
- 1GB of RAM
- 8 MPl rear cam with autofocus, LED flash
- 5 MP wide angle front camera with LED flash
- 3G, HSDPA, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- LTE for single SIM only
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- 2500mAh battery