One of the most impressive tech companies in 2014 recently unveiled the successor of the hugely popular Redmi 1S, the Redmi 2. The smartphone comes with a 4.7 inch HD display, a 64-bit Snapdragon processor, and LTE connectivity.
The Chinese company didn’t stray much from the original formula that birth the 1S, using the same 4.7 inch HD display and 8MP main camera. As is a similar 1GB of RAM / 8GB of storage configuration. Other notable upgrades include the 64-bit 1.2 quad core Snapdragon 410 CPU and the Adreno 306 GPU, and the MIUI 6 software. It has dual SIM, 2G and 3G, and finally LTE connectivity. And it supports the QuickCharge function to reduce charging time.
The Redmi 2 will launch in China on January 9 for 700 CNY – roughly $110 or Php4,200. No other information regarding availability was announced.
Xiaomi Redmi 2 key specs:
- 4.7 inch HD display (1280 x 720; 312ppi)
- 1.2GHz quad-core 64-bit Snapdragon 410 CPU
- Adreno 306 GPU
- 1GB of RAM
- 8GB of storage (+microSD up to 32GB)
- 8MP main camera with f/2.2 and 1080P video
- 2MP front facing camera
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, Beidou
- 2,200mAh battery
- Android 4.4 KitKat with MIUI 6