Huawei recently launched the Huawei Mate 8 in the Philippines. The phablet comes with a 6-inch Full HD display, a 4,000mAh battery and a 1/2.8 inch Sony camera sensor.
Huawei Mate 8
The Huawei Mate 8 features a sleek aluminum unibody design and a 6-inch full HD IPS display. Inside, you’ll find a powerful and efficient octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 950 processor, a Mali-T880 MP4 GPU and 4GB of RAM. The 16MP main camera uses a 1/2.8-inch Sony sensor with phase detection autofocus, OIS and an aperture of f/2.0.
The size of the phablet allows for a huge 4,000mAh non-removable battery, which Huawei claims to last up to 2.36 days of regular use and 1.65 days if heavy use. It charges to full in 2.5 hours.
The Mate 8 also comes with a redesigned fingerprint sensor that’s said to be faster and more reliable.
Huawei Mate 8 specs:
- 6.0 inch Full HD IPS-NEO display (1080 x 1920; 368ppi); Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- 2.3GHz Octa-Core HiSilicon Kirin 950 processor
- Mali-T880 MP4 GPU
- 4GB RAM / 64GB storage +microSD up to 128Gb via SIM 2 slot
- 16MP Main Camera (1/2.8 inch sensor size) with OIS, Phase Detection Autofocus, f/2.0, 27mm, OIS, dual-tone LED flash
- 8MP Front Camera with f/2.4, 26mm
- Dual nano-SIM
- Dual-4G LTE, 3G HSPA+
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 4.2, A2DP
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- FM Radio, NFC, USB OTG
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery, fast charging
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow w/ Emotion UI 4.1
- Dimensions: 157.1 x 80.6 x 7.9 mm; 185 g
- Colors: Champagne Gold, Moonlight Silver, Space Gray, Mocha Brown
The Huawei Mate 8 will have an SRP of PHP32,990. The Champagne Gold version will be available on March 6, while the Mocha Brown version will arrive on April.