Technology-based startup incubator IdeaSpace Foundation (IdeaSpace) proudly announced its top ten tech startups that will be part of the company’s 2016 acceleration program.
2016 IdeaSpace Startups
The top ten 2016 startups will all receive P500,000 in equity-free funding, noncash benefits such as housing, transportation, incorporation, office space, communication, software support, trainings and classes, as well as mentoring from executives of companies under First Pacific.
“We’re quite proud of this year’s batch of IdeaSpace startups. They’re a testament to how the Philippine startup ecosystem is maturing, where founders now see a clearer path from their ideas to executing them in the real world and bringing their products to customers. We are glad to support Filipino startup entrepreneurs as they begin to make a dent in helping the growth of the Philippines,” said Diane Eustaquio, Executive Director at IdeaSpace.
The Top 10 2016 IdeaSpace startups include:
- Populi – an analytics platform that utilizes big data for politicians to visualize public pulse in real time by aggregating social media and news engagements online.
- Investagrams – a website & app that provide education, analytic tools and information, everything you need in the stock market from startto-profits.
- Cleaning Lady – a mobile app that lets a user: specify his/her cleaning services needs, hire a cleaner, book a schedule, get an upfront service quote and get the cleaning done.
- InvestED – a micro financing platform for student loans.
- Banyera – an online marketplace for wholesale farmed fish products.
- Tarkie – a field employee tracking and productivity tool
- Taxumo – a mobile and web app that helps SME’s, professionals, freelancers, and corporations with their taxes.
- E.A.R.S. – a wearable device for the deaf/hearing impaired: an early warning, detection, reaction device that protects users while outdoors from accidents/collisions/threats.
- Tralulu – a digital platform that connects travelers and local guides by allowing travelers to book guides and customize their itineraries with them.
- Cropital – a crowdfunding platform that connects anyone to help finance our farmers.
The ten new startups will join IdeaSpace’s growing portfolio of 38 startups over the last four years as part of its half a billion peso funding that was instituted in 2012.
IdeaSpace is supported by the following companies: First Pacific, PLDT, Meralco, Maynilad, Smart Communications, Inc., Metro Pacific Investments Corporation (MPIC), Metro Pacific Tollways Corporation, MPIC hospital group, First Pacific Leadership Academy, Digitel Mobile Philippines and its mobile brand Sun Cellular, SPI Global, ePLDT, Indofood, Philex Mining, MediaQuest, and TV5.