ASUS has released the Android 7.1.1 Nougat update for the ASUS ZenFone 3 Max. Time to start tapping that system update button.
Nougat for ZenFone 3 Max (ZC553KL)
ASUS announced the update on ZenTalk. No other details were mentioned, except that the update is available and that it will update the ZenFone 3 Max ZE553KL from Marshmallow to Nougat. The version number 14.0200.1704.119 via OTA. To check if you have it, go to Settings> About> System Update.
If you haven’t gotten the update yet, relax. According to ASUS, it will take up to a week until all ZenFone 3 Max get it.
Oh and although the post on ZenTalk is entitled for ZenFone 3 Max, the poster erroneously put ZenFone 3 Deluxe on the model name.
The ASUS ZenFone 3 Max balances price, battery life and performance. It features a 5.5-inch display, an octa-core Snapdragon 430 processor, 3GB RAM, 32GB storage and a large 4,100 mAh battery. It has a retail price of Php10,990 and available in ASUS concept stores and retailers nationwide. Be sure to check out our review here.
ASUS ZenFone 3 Max (ZC553KL) specs:
- 5.5-inch Full HD Display (1920 x 1080); 2.5D Contoured Glass
- 64-bit 1.40 GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 Processor
- Adreno 505 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB Storage +microSD up to 128GB via 2nd SIM Slot
- 16MP Main PixelMaster Camera w/ f2.0, Laser AF, LED Flash
- 8MP Front Camera w/ f2.0, HDR
- Dual SIM (Micro + Nano/microSD)
- LTE Support
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth v4.0
- GPS, AGPS
- Fingerprint Sensor
- ICE power Enhanced Speaker; Dual Mic
- USB OTG
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with ZenUI 3.0
- 4,100 mAh Battery w/ Reverse Charging Feature
- Dimensions: 149 x 76 x 8.05 mm; 150 g
- Colors: Titanium Gray, Glacier Silver, Sand Gold
For more geek-centric news and reviews, please follow us on Facebook (facebook.com/TechnoBaboy), YouTube (TechnoBryan), Twitter (@technobaboy), and Instagram (technobryan). We’ll do our best to keep you up-to-date.