Good news Vivo fans! The top 5 global smartphone manufacturer has just dropped the prices of the Vivo V5 and the Vivo V5Plus.
If you’re on the market for quality phones, take a good look at the Vivo V5 and the Vivo V5Plus. As it is, these were already quality choices. But the price drop just made these devices even more appealing. The V5 and the V5Plus are now more affordable, priced at Php10,990 and Php16,990 respectively. The former is down 2k from its initial price of Php12,990, with the latter down 3k from its original price of Php19,990.
Vivo V5 Philippines
The Vivo V5 features an all-metal unibody shell back case. Inside, it is powered by an octa-core MediaTek processor coupled with 4GB of RAM and 32GB of storage. The rest of the specs include a fast fingerprint scanner, a 13MP back facing camera, a 32-bit hi-fi AK4376 DAC, and a fast charging 3,000 mah battery.
The main draw of the Vivo V5 is the 20MP front facing camera. At launch, it was the first smartphone to have it and featured a 1/2.8” SonyIMX376 sensor paired with 5P lens system and a f/2.0 aperture.
ALSO READ: Vivo V5 launched in the Philippines
Vivo V5 Specs:
- 5.5-inch HD IPS Display (1280 x 720) with 2.5D Gorilla Glass Display
- 64-bit 1.5 GHz Octa-core MediaTek MT6750 Processor
- 4GB RAM
- 32GB Storage +microSD up to 128GB
- 13MP Main Camera with PDAF, LED Flash
- 20MP Front Camera with Sony IMX376 1/2.8” Sensor, f/2/0, Soft-light Flash
- Dual SIM
- 4G, LTE
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- GPS, A-GPS
- Fingerprint Scanner
- FM Radio
- AK4376 32-bit Hi-Fi DAC
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow, Funtouch 2.6
- Colors: Gold, Grey
- Dimensions: 6.06 x 2.97 x 0.30 in; 154 g
- 3000 mAh battery
Vivo V5Plus Philippines
The V5Plus boasts a dual front camera setup using a 20MP + 8MP sensor configuration. The two sensors work together to produce a bokeh effect, where the main subject is clear and the background is blurred. How this works is that the primary 20MP Sony IMX376 front camera is used to provide clarity and color details, while the secondary 8MP camera for depth-of-field information.
Looking at the specs, the Vivo V5 Plus features a 5.5-inch full HD IPS display. Under the hood, you have an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor paired with 4GB of RAM and an Adreno 506 graphics chip. It comes with 64GB of storage, a fast fingerprint sensor, a reasonably large 3,160 mAh battery with fast charging, and an AK4376 hi-fi audio chip.
ALSO READ: Vivo V5Plus launches in the PH
Vivo V5 Plus specs:
- 5.5-inch Full HD IPS Display (1920 x 1080; 401 ppi)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 2.0 GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625
- Adreno 506
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB Storage +microSD up to 256GB via SIM 2 Slot
- 16MP Main Camera w/ PDAF, LED Flash
- Dual 20MP + 8MP Front Camera w/ f2.0, 1/2.8” Sensor Size, 1080p Recording, Selfie Softlight
- Dual Nano-SIM
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Dual Band
- Bluetooth v4.0, A2DP
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- FM Radio
- Fingerprint Sensor
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow; Funtouch OS 3.0
- Dimensions: 6.01 x 2.91 x 0.29 in; 158.6g
- 3,160 mAh Battery w/ Fast Charging
The Vivo V5 and the Vivo V5Plus are priced at Php10,990 and Php16,990 respectively. They are available in Vivo concept stores and kiosks, and parter distributors.
For more geek-centric news and reviews, please follow us on Facebook (facebook.com/TechnoBaboy), YouTube (TechnoBryan), Twitter (@technobaboy), and Instagram (technobryan). We’ll do our best to keep you up-to-date.