The Razer Phone is now official. Built for games, the handset features a Snapdragon 835 processor, 8GB RAM, and 5.7-inch UltraMotion display.
Razer built a name for its high-performing hardware and accessories, made for gamers by gamers. With the announcement of the Razer Phone, the company hopes to leverage its brand to carve a niche in the smartphone industry.
The Razer Phone features a 5.7-inch quad HD display with UltraMotion technology. Billed as a gaming phone, the device has a screen with adjustable frame rates of at up to 120Hz. This means higher frame rates for smoother animations during intense gaming sessions, and lower (and more efficient) frame rates for less intense and regular smartphone activities.
Inside, the Razer Phone is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor paired with a whopping 8GB of RAM and 64GB of storage. If the space is lacking, the handset comes with an expansion slot that accommodates up to 2TB. The device also packs a THX-certified DAC, and a pair of front-facing speakers with dual amplifiers.
- OPPO F5 Philippines is Now Official: Price, Specs Revealed
- Huawei Nova 2i is Now Available in the Philippines
- Vivo V7+ is Now Available in Philippine Stores
As for the cameras, the phone boasts dual 12MP + 13MP rear shooters coupled with a f/1.75 wide-angle lens for the former, and a f/2.6 zoom lens for the latter. The front camera uses an 8MP sensor with an f/2.0 lens.
The rest of the specs include a large 4,000 mAh battery, Dolby ATMOS audio, a side-mounted fingerprint scanner (embedded on the power button), and an aluminum body. It runs on an almost stock Android 7.1.1 Nougat, and has Nova Launcher Prime Razer Edition pre-installed. Sadly, there’s no headphone jack and water-resistance.
The Razer Phone will have a retail price of USD 699 (roughly PHP 36,000). It will launch on November 17, 2017. Check out their site for more details about the device.
Razer Phone specs:
- 5.7-inch Quad HD IGZO LCD Display (2560 x 1440)
- 120Hz UltraMotion, Variable Refresh Rate (up to 120Hz)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Processor
- 8GB RAM (Dual Channel, LPDDR4, 1866MHz)
- 64GB UFS storage +microSD up to 2TB
- Dual Rear Camera, 12MP AF f/1.75 Wide + 13MP AF f/2.6 Zoom; Dual PDAF, Dual LED flash
- 8MP Front Camera, f/2.0
- 4G LTE
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth v4.2
- GPS, A-GPS
- NFC, Fingerprint scanner (side-mounted)
- Front Facing Stereo Speakers
- Dual Amplifiers
- Audio Adapter w/ THX-certified DAC
- Dolby ATMOS and THX-certified audio
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- 4,000mAh battery, Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+
For more geek-centric news and reviews, please follow us on Facebook (facebook.com/TechnoBaboy), YouTube (TechnoBryan), Twitter (@technobaboy), and Instagram (technobryan). We’ll do our best to keep you up-to-date.[Source: Razer, The Verge]