The iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus are coming to Smart. Apple’s latest comes with an all-new glass design, a new processor and wireless charging.
Smart iPhone 8
Good news Smart subscribers! Starting November 10, 2017, the iPhone 8 and the iPhone 8 Plus will be both available for pre-order at the Smart Online Store and Smart Stores nationwide. Units will be available starting November 17, 2017.
iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
The iPhone 8 and 8 Plus come with Retina HD IPS LCD displays with the former measuring in at 4.7-inch screen and the latter with 5.5-inches. Inside, the iOS devices are powered by an A11 Bionic processor, with an embedded M11 motion co-processor. It has a hexa-core SoC setup with four efficiency cores and two performance cores.
As for the cameras, the iPhone 8 packs a 12MP rear camera with an f/1.8 aperture lens. The 8 Plus boasts a dual rear camera setup of 12MP+12MP with one providing a wide-angle and the other telephoto. Both devices cameras are equipped with OIS, PDAF, quad LED True Tone flash, 4K video shooting capability, and a sapphire crystal lens cover.
The iPhone 8 and 8 Plus both have glass front and back panels with an aerospace-grade aluminum frame. They also have IP67 splash, dust and water resistance.
iPhone 8 / iPhone 8 Plus Specs:
- iPhone 8: 4.7-inch Retina HD w/ True Tone IPS Display (1334 x 750; 326ppi)
- iPhone 8 Plus: 5.5-inch Retina HD w/ True Tone IPS Display (1920 x 1080; 401ppi)
- 3D Touch, Dual Domain Pixels
- Hexa-core A11 Bionic Processor, 64-bit
- M11 Motion Coprocessor
- 2GB RAM
- 64/128GB Storage
- Rear Cameras:
- iPhone 8: 12MP Rear Camera, f/1.8
- iPhone 8 Plus: Dual Rear Camera 12MP + 12MP, Wide-angle f/1.8, Telephoto f/2.8, Optical Zoom, Portrait Mode
- Both: OIS, PDAF, Quad LED True Tone Flash, 4K Video, Sapphire Crystal Lens Cover, AR ready
- LTE 4G
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac
- Bluetooth v5.0
- GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS
- Fingerprint Scanner, NFC
- Stereo Speakers: 25% Louder than previous model
- Lightning Port
- IP67 Splash, Water and Dust Resistant
- iOS 11
- iPhone 8: 5.45 x 2.65 x 0.29 in; 148 g
- iPhone 8 Plus: 6.24 x 3.07 x 0.30 in; 202 g
- Fast Charging, Wireless Charging
For more geek-centric news and reviews, please follow us on Facebook (facebook.com/TechnoBaboy), YouTube (TechnoBryan), Twitter (@technobaboy), and Instagram (technobryan). We’ll do our best to keep you up-to-date.