The Huawei Y9 (2018) was recently announced. Features a 6-inch display, a Kirin 659 processor, dual front and back cameras, and a 4,000 mAh battery.
Huawei Y9 Specs 2018
Huawei recently announced the midrange Huawei Y9 (2018) in Thailand. It has specs similar to the Nova 2i but with less RAM and a larger 4,000 mAh battery.
The Y9 (2018) features a 5.93-inch full HD IPS display with an 18:9 aspect ratio and a 2160 by 1080 resolution. Inside, it is powered by an octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 659 processor, paired with 3GB of RAM and 32GB storage.
The phone has four cameras — a dual 16MP + 2MP rear camera with PDAF and a LED flash; and a dual 13MP + 2MP front camera. The 2MP sensors are used for depth information.
- Huawei Nova 2 Lite official price in the Philippines is Php9,990
- Huawei Nova 2 Lite launches in the Philippines
- Huawei Nova 2i Review: Mid-range Wonder
Below the rear cameras is the fingerprint sensor, which should have a fast response rate similar to that of the Nova 2i.
The handset comes with EMUI 8.0 based on Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box, along with a generous 4,000 mAh battery.
No price or availability was released. Rumors are pointing to a USD250 (around Php13,000) price tag. The phone launched in Thailand. Hopefully it launches in the Philippines as well.
Huawei Y9 2018 Specs:
- 5.93-inch Full HD 18:9 IPS Display (2160 x 1080; 407 ppi)
- Octa-Core HiSilicon Kirin 659 Processor
- Mali-T830 MP2 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB Storage +microSD up to 256GB via SIM 2 Slot
- Dual Rear Camera 16MP (f/2.2, 27mm) + 2MP, PDAF, LED Flash
- Dual Front Camera 13MP (f/2.0, 26mm) + 2MP
- 4G LTE
- Wi-Fi b/g/n
- Bluetooth v4.2, LE, aptX
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- FM Radio
- MicroUSB 2.0
- Fingerprint (Rear Mounted)
- EMUI 8.0, Android 8.0 Oreo
- Colors: Black, Gold, Blue
- 4,000 mAh Battery
For more geek-centric news and reviews, please follow us on Facebook (facebook.com/TechnoBaboy), YouTube (TechnoBryan), Twitter (@technobaboy), Instagram (technobryan), and Google+ (technobryan). We’ll do our best to keep you up-to-date.