Could the OPPO F9 and F9 Pro come with Corning’s Gorilla Glass 6? We’ll find out on August 15, 2018.
Gorilla Glass 6 on the OPPO F9 series
Corning recently announced that the Gorilla Glass 6 will debut with an upcoming OPPO smartphone. The exact phone wasn’t mentioned, but the one that’s about to become official is the OPPO F9 and F9 Pro, which is scheduled to launch in the Philippines this August 15.
The F9 series is rumored to come with glass backs and fronts, which would warrant the use of something like Gorilla Glass 6 for protection. Either way, we’ll find out soon enough when the phone launches next week.
For those who missed it, the OPPO F9 will come with a 6.3-inch full HD+ Waterdrop display, 2.0GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio P60 processor, 4GB RAM, and 64GB of expandable storage. It boasts of a 25MP selfie camera with f/2.0 aperture and AI, and a 16MP + 2MP dual rear module with f/1.85 aperture.
The phone will come in gradient colors of Sunrise Red, Twilight Blue, and Starry Purple. It will also have a 3,500 mAh battery with VOOC fast charging, and it will be powered by ColorOS 5.2 based on Android Oreo.
The OPPO F9 will launch in the Philippines on August 15, 2018.
OPPO F9 specs (leaked):
- 6.3-inch Full HD+ Waterdrop LTPS TFT Display (2280 x 1080)
- 2.0GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P60 Processor
- Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- 4/6GB RAM
- 64GB Storage, microSD up to 256GB
- 16MP + 2MP Dual Rear Camera, f/1.85, LED Flash
- 25MP Front Camera, f/2.0, AI
- Dual Nano SIM
- 4G LTE
- Bluetooth v4.2
- OTG Support
- GPS, AGPS, GLONASS, BEIDOU
- ColorOS 5.2, Android 8.1 Oreo
- Dimensions: 156.7 x 74 x 7.99 mm, 169 g
- Colors: Sunrise Red, Twilight Blue, Starry Purple
- 3,500 mAh Battery, VOOC Fast Charging