Apple has released the 8GB iPhone 5c in Europe. The new variant of the iPhone 5c is available for order and reportedly costs £429 (around $712) off-contract. Besides the storage capacity, the 8GB iPhone 5c has the same specs as its 16GB and 32GB siblings. The handset has the same 4 inch Retina display, an A6 processor, and an 8MP iSight camera.
Apple iPhone 5C specs:
- 4.0-inch IPS LCD Retina display (640×1136 pixels, 326ppi)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 2
- Apple A6 1.2GHz dual-core processor
- PowerVR SGX543MP3
- 16GB, 32GB internal storage
- 1GB RAM
- HSDPA, LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth 4, GPS
- 8MP iSight camera with LED flash and 1080p video recording
- 1.2MP HD front-facing camera
- iOS 7
Now, if we convert that amount directly to local currency, it would mean that the 8GB iPhone 5c would be around Php30,000. I’m sure it won’t be that expensive if (or when) it hits Philippine shores. But still, I think it’s too much for a 4 inch, 8GB device. For that much pesos, you can get one of the current Android flagships with top of the line specs, a larger screen, and 16GB and up storage.
What do you guys think? Is the 8GB iPhone 5c worth your hard earned cash?