Smart Communications recently launched Smart TechnoCart, a mobile digital laboratory designed to facilitate formative learning among kindergarten students with the use of mobile devices and apps.
Each Smart TechnoCart contains 25 tablets for the use of students; a tablet, laptop and projector for the use of the teacher; Smart Bro pocket WiFi with load for connectivity; and the Smart One Campus, a learning management system to help administrators and teachers track and measure their students’ academic performance. Its compact and portable design makes it easy for the teacher to move the laboratory from one classroom to another.
As added value on top of the devices and equipment, the Smart TechnoCart tablets come pre-loaded with the Batibot mobile app, the first localized mobile app aligned with the Kindergarten curriculum based on the hugely popular children’s television show.
To help schools optimize the use of the Smart TechnoCart, teachers are also given training on tablet basics as well as on child and curriculum development provided by the Community of Learners Foundation (COLF).
15 beneficiary schools
Fifteen public kindergarten schools have been identified by the Department of Education School Divisions as initial beneficiaries:
- Batu-Batu Central Elementary School (Tawi-Tawi)
- Datu Halun Laboratory Elementary School (Tawi-Tawi)
- Yusop Dais Elementary School (Tawi-Tawi)
- Calasiao Central School (Pangasinan)
- Mangatarem Central School (Pangasinan)
- Bacacay East Central School (Albay)
- Polangui South Central School (Albay)
- Maluso Central Elementary School (Basilan)
- Tipo-Tipo Central Elementary School (Basilan)
- Antonio L. Jayme Elementary School (Bacolod)
- Education and Training Center School II (Bacolod)
- Rodolfo A. Medel Sr. Elementary School (Bacolod)
- Banilad Elementary School (Cebu)
- Regino Mercado Elementary School of (Cebu)
- Parañaque Central Elementary School (Metro Manila)
The Smart TechnoCart project is a product of the company’s years of experience in working with educators for the use of wireless technologies. Smart started its education geared community programs way back in 2004.
Smart believes that education plays a key role in nation building. Through its LearnSmart program, it has embraced education as a key pillar under its corporate social responsibility program. To know more about the telco’s education initiatives, and how to sponsor a Smart TechnoCart for beneficiary schools, click on www.smart.com.ph/learnsmart.