Hitachi Data Systems Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., recently unveiled the next phase of its Social Innovation business strategy in conjunction with new solutions and services. Hitachi Data Systemsis a pioneer in Social Innovation, the unifying strategy across all Hitachi companies that combines Hitachi heritage in operational technology (OT) with its deep domain expertise in information technology (IT), advanced data analytics and data infrastructure to deliver holistic solutions that address an array of modern IT challenges in a multitude of industries.
The Hitachi Data Systems Social Innovation initiative and solutions portfolio address critical business and societal challenges – including population growth and urbanization, aging public infrastructures and populations, rising healthcare costs and public safety concerns. The company is developing purpose-built solutions for a variety of markets that combine the power of connected devices and technologies – or the Internet of Things (IoT) – with operational technology (OT), machine-to-machine (M2M) and advanced data analytics,and best-of-breedIT infrastructure, all in a unified, fully integrated stack. The new solutions and services being introduced include:
- Hitachi Live Insight for IT Operations: A cloud-based M2M analytics solution designed to help customers achieve optimal performance and availability from their IT infrastructure, and gain operational intelligence at the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO). Hitachi Live Insight for IT Operations enables users to analyze all the machine data in their data center—from enterprise applications and data storage, to power distribution units and temperature sensors—to detect and identify the root cause of data center outages.
- Hitachi Clinical Repository (HCR) for Connected Health: A newly enhanced release of HCR, expanded to support connected health with secure mobile access. HCR for connected health empowers health care professionals with sophisticated data analytics, tools and proven delivery methods that let them adapt better to societal changes and increase strategic decision-making to optimize patient care.
- Hitachi Live Insight Center of Excellence: Planned to offer best of breed services, consulting and industry best practices, Hitachi Live Insight Center of Excellence is designed to help organizations confidently and swiftly test, customize and deploy advanced data analytics solutions, applications, platforms, and integrated solutions to support new business initiatives.
The new solutions and services augment and extend the company’s existing Social Innovation offerings for public safety, telecom analytics and other products and services from the Hitachi family of companies, which include:
- Hitachi Visualization for Public Safety: Originally announced at IACP in October 2014, Hitachi Visualization offers situational awareness solutions for law enforcement professionals by integrating multiple types of data from cameras, sensors, emergency dispatch and social media.
- Hitachi Live Insight for Telecom: Announced at Mobile World Congress in March 2015, Hitachi Live Insight for Telecom offers enhanced network analytics that are specifically designed to support communication service providers and their customers’ ability to enhance network services usingreal-time insight.
Hitachi’s Social Innovation road map is now accelerating, buoyed by recent strategic software acquisitions that are providing the fundamental building blocks to deliver a smart analytics foundation that supports its growing solutions portfolio. Hitachi Data Systems plans to continue aggressively building its products in 2015, with plans to introduce new solutions and services that further leverage the expertise and the full breadth of products, services and industries served by the Hitachi family of companies.