Huawei confirmed that the EMUI 11 is coming in Q3 2020. The update is based on Android 11.
The next question you probably want to know is which devices will get the update. Thankfully, that was answered via a leak on Weibo. Take note though, that this list is not official, nor has it been confirmed by Huawei. So take it with a grain of salt.
Now that that’s out of the way, lets get on with the leak. These are the phones and tablets that will receive the EMUI 11 update:
- Huawei Mate Series: Mate 30 Pro, Mate 30, Mate 30 RS Porsche Design, Mate 20X / Pro, Mate 20 RS Porsche Design, Mate X.
- Huawei P Series: P40 / Pro, P30 / Pro.
- Huawei Nova Series: Nova 6 5G, Nova5T / Pro, Nova5z, Nova 5i Pro.
- Huawei Tablets: MatePad, Mediapad M6.
- Honor line: Honor V30 Pro, Honor V20, Honor 20 Pro, Honor 20s, Honor 20 Youth Edition, Honor 9X Pro.
As you can see, most of the handsets are recent and mostly of flagships with a sprinkling of midrange devices. Huawei usually releases at least two major Android updates. These launched with Android 9 or newer.
You might also like: Huawei releases global EMUI 10.1 update schedule
Also, if your handset is not there, don’t worry. Again, the list is not official nor is it final. Besides, Huawei usually supports a wide range of devices when it comes to their updates.
Currently, the latest iteration of the mobile OS is EMUI 10.1, which is still rolling out to a wide range of Huawei and Honor devices. The update offered new features and performance improvements including new animations, MeeTime video calling, Screen Sharing, Multi-screen Collaboration, and more.