HONOR launches a slim new affordable smartphone in the HONOR X40. The handset is only 7.9 mm thick with a slim and sleek design and a pocket-friendly price tag.
At the front, the HONOR X40 has a 6.67-inch FHD+ OLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate, a 2400 x 1080 resolution, and an in-display fingerprint scanner. It also supports 1920Hz PWM Dimming with TUV Rheinland certification low blue light certification.
Under the hood, the phone is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 5G chipset with up to 8GB of RAM and up to 256GB of storage. It also has good-sized 5100mAh battery with 40W fast charging.
At the back, there’s a dual camera setup with a 50MP main and 2MP depth sensor. The camera island, if you will, is round and flushed flat at the panel. Meanwhile, an 8MP camera takes care of selfies.
See also: HONOR Magic4 Pro is coming to the Philippines
The HONOR X40 is priced at CNY 1,499, which coverts to around Php 12,240+ or USD 215~. At the moment, its not clear yet if the handset is launching globally, let alone the Philippines. Stay tuned for more details.
HONOR X40 specs
- Display: 6.67-inch FHD+ OLED Display, 2400 x 1080, 120Hz Adaptive Refresh Rate, 1920Hz PWM Dimming
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 5G
- RAM/Storage: 6GB+128GB / 8GB+128GB / 8GB+256GB
- Rear Cameras: 50MP Main + 2MP Macro
- Front Cameras: 8MP Front
- Network: 5G, 4G LTE, Dual SIM
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi ac Dual Band, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, IR Blaster
- Others: In-display Fingerprint Scanner, Face ID, Hi-Res Audio, Hi-Res Audio Wireless
- OS: Magic UI 6.1, Android 12
- Battery: 5100mAh battery, 40W Fast Charging