If you want the new Samsung Galaxy Note II on plan subscription, it would not matter if you’re on Globe or Smart as both telcos are offering the device. The Note II is now available for pre-order on both Globe and Smart but the launch date is still a mystery for both networks.
The Samsung Galaxy Note II is of course the follow up to the Galaxy Note, a surprise hit that went on to sell more than 10 million devices. The Note II is now bigger at 5.5-inches, but it’s narrower and is said to be also thinner. Main specs include a 1.6GHz quad-core CPU, 2GB of RAM, 8-megapixel rear camera, 1.9-megapixel front camera, Bluetooth 4.0, dual band WiFi and an upgraded stylus. It will run Android 4.1 Jelly Bean with TouchWiz UI.
The Galaxy Note II pricing is not the same for Smart and Globe. Smart is quite ahead since it is offering the device for free on Unli Data Plan 2000. Globe, on the other hand, is offering the Note II free on Plan 2499. These are not similar plans in terms of features so if you’re really interested in getting the Note II, just head over to the business centers of Smart and Globe and compare the details before deciding which one to get. For pre-order, go here for Smart and here for Globe.
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE II SPECS
- 5.5-inch HD Super AMOLED (1,280 x 720)
- 1.6 GHz quad-core processor
- 2GB (RAM)
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- 16/32/64GB Storage
- microSD expansion (up to 64GB)
- HSPA＋ 21Mbps (HSDPA 21Mbps / HSUPA 5.76Mbps)
- 8 Megapixel Auto Focus Rear Camera with LED Flash
- 1.9 Megapixel Front Camera
- Full HD(1080p) Playback & Recording
- 3.5mm Ear Jack
- S Pen
- A-GPS, Glonass
- Bluetooth v 4.0
- USB 2.0 Host
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 & 5 GHz), Wi-Fi HT40
- mHL, NFC
- Accelerometer, RGB Light, Digital Compass, Proximity, Gyro, Barometer
- 80.5 x 151.1 x 9.4 mm, 180 g
- Li-ion 3,100mAh Battery