Acer just made the Iconia Tab A700 official. The tablet was first shown at CES this year and now, Acer has launched the tablet and announced its availability and pricing. The Acer Iconia Tab A700 is special since it’s the first Android tablet to get a full HD display. The tablet features a 10.1-inch display with 1920 x 1200 resolution. This tablet is definitely made with gaming and movies in mind.
The Acer Iconia Tab A700 should be fast since it will run on a quad-core CPU, specifically an NVIDIA Tegra 3 with 4-PLUS-1 cores. That should give you a blazing fast performance and a good gaming experience. The rest of the main specs include 1GB of RAM and 32GB of storage space that’s expandable via microSD slot, Dolby Mobile 3 with 5.1 channel Dolby Surround Sound, HDMI port, 5 megapixel auto-focus back camera that’s capable of taking 1080p videos, a 1 megapixel front camera, and a 10.5-hour battery life.
The price is not that bad. Acer is currently offering the device online for $449.99. It is available in black and silver.
Acer Iconia Tab A700 Specifications:
- Android 4.0 Operating System (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- 1.3GHz NVIDIA Tegra 3 Quad Core Processor (4-Plus-1 quad core with 5th battery-saver core)
- 32GB internal storage
- 1GB DDR2 memory
- MicroSD memory slot up to 32GB (SDHC 2.0 compatible)
- 10.1″ Full HD multitouch 1080p display
- Ultra low power (ULP) high-performance 12-core NVIDIA GeForce GPU
- WiFi, 802.11b/g/n wireless, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR, Standalone GPS and GLONASS
- 5MP Camera with Auto focus, 30fps @ 1080p
- 1MP HD Front Camera, 30fps @ 720p
- G-sensor, E-compass, L-sensor, Gyro-meter
- Micro USB 2.0, Micro-HDMI, 3.5mm Combo Jack
- Dimensions/ Weight: 10.2″ x 6.9″ x 0.43″, 1.47 lbs.