Chinese brand Elephone recently launched the Elephone S1 in the Philippines. The smartphone features a quad core MediaTek processor, a 13MP Sony IMX camera, and a P3,999 price tag.
The Elephone S1
With a price tag a shade below 4k, the Elephone S1 has a lot to offer. For starters, it features a 5-inch 720p display with on-cell lamination and IPS tech. It has a metal frame with round corners and back-to-back glass panels. Inside you’ll find a 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek processor, a Mali-400MP GPU and 1GB of RAM. It has 8GB of storage (which you can expand up to 64GB via a microSD card) and a non-removable 1800mAh battery.
The S1 also boasts a 13MP camera touting a capable Sony IMX149 sensor, and a 2MP front facing one. The main camera has various shooting modes, 1080p recording and a tough Sapphire lens. At this point though, image quality is still a question mark.
The rest of the specs include Bluetooth v4, GPS, an FM Radio and a fingerprint scanner.
Price and Availability
Those interested in getting the Elephone S1 will have to wait a few more days. Selling will start on April 18, 12 noon. The smartphone is exclusively available at Lazada.
Elephone S1 key specs:
- 5-inch IPS HD Display with On-cell lamination technology (1280 x 720; 294 ppi)
- 1.3GHz Quad-Core MediaTek MT6580 Processor
- Mali-400MP GPU
- 1GB RAM / 8GB internal storage +microSD up to 64GB
- 13MP Main Camera with Sony IMX149 sensor, LED flash, 1080p video
- 2MP Front Camera
- Dual SIM (1x micro, 1x nano), dual standby
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth v4.0
- GPS; A-GPS
- FM Radio
- Fingerprint scanner
- Android 5.1 Lollipop with Freeme OS
- 1800 mAh non-removable battery
- Dimensions: 5.47 x 2.74 x 0.26 in
- Colors: black, white
- Price: PHP3,999