The Vibe X3 is Lenovo’s latest flagship. On paper, the smartphone looks ready to compete. It has impressive audio specs, a hexa-core Snapdragon 808 processor, 3GB of RAM and a baseline storage capacity of 32GB.
Unboxing: Lenovo Vibe X3
The Lenovo Vibe X3 is packed in a beautifully designed box. Inside, you’ll find a complete package as the smartphone comes with a clear plastic case, a screen protector, along with the usual travel charger, USB cable and a pair of earphones. Check out our short unboxing video below. If for some reason you have problems viewing it, you can also watch it on this link.
Quick Look Inside the Vibe X3
Looking at the specs, the Vibe X3 fronts a 5.5-inch full HD IPS display, protected by Gorilla Glass 3. Powering the device is a six-core Snapdragon 808 processor, an Adreno 418 GPU, and 3GB of RAM. Storage is at 32GB, expandable via microSD up to 128GB. For audiophiles, the Vibe X3 is equipped with an ESS Sabre 9018C2M DAC. We’ll find out how that translates to audio quality as we continue our review of the device.
For mobile photographers, the Vibe X3 has a 21MP main camera. It has an aperture of f/2.0 with a phase detection autofocus. For selfie enthusiasts, the front camera is handled by an 8MP sensor.
Lenovo Vibe X3 (a40) key specs:
- 5.5-inch Full HD IPS Display (1080 x 1920; 401 ppi); Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Hexa-core Qualcomm MSM8992 Snapdragon 808
- (4x 1.2GHz A53 + 2x 1.8GHz A57)
- Adreno 418 GPU
- 3GB RAM / 32GB Storage +microSD up to 128GB
- 21MP Main Camera with f/2.0, Phase Detection AF, Dual LED Flash
- 8MP Front Camera
- Front Facing Speakers
- Dolby Atmos
- Wolfson 8281 processor with 3-mic Array
- ESS Sabre 9018C2M DAC with 3x TI-OPA1612 OP Amps
- Dual SIM
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth V4.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS
- IR Port
- FM Radio
- Fingerprint Sensor
- Android 5.1 Lollipop, New Vibe UI
- 3,500mAh non-removable Battery with Quick Charge 2.0
- Dimensions: 6.06 x 3.01 x 0.37 in; 175 g
That’s it for our quick unboxing of the Lenovo Vibe X3. On paper, Lenovo’s latest flagship has all the makings of a compelling product. We’ll see how that works out as we continue our review. So please stay tuned, we’ll post it soon.