The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 got a DxOMark score of 103. The flagship shares the number 2 spot with the HTC U12+.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 DxOMark
Camera testing site DxOMark finally revealed the score of the Samsung Galaxy Note 9. The handset managed to get 103 points, edging the Huawei P20 and the Galaxy S9 Plus. It is tied with the HTC U12+ at the second spot. The Huawei P20 Pro is still at number 1 with 109 points.
The Galaxy Note 9 was praised for its autofocus speed and accuracy, wide dynamic range, zoom performance, and pleasant and vivid colors. Good balance between detail retention and noise reduction was also noted by the reviewers.
Compared to other phones
In case you’re choosing handsets based on camera quality, you’ll be surprised to know that the Note 9, the HTC U12+, and the Huawei P20 have scores close to each other. As you can see on the comparison table below, the differences are small and probably due to the nuances of each criteria under the Photo and Video category. This also explains the Note 9 and P20 having different total scores despite having the same photo and video score.
|Huawei P20 Pro||109||114||98|
|Samsung Galaxy Note 9||103||107||94|
|Samsung Galaxy S9+||99||104||91|
The table also shows how big the gap is from the Huawei P20 Pro, compared to the rest of the pack.
For more information about the phones’ scores and how they got it, you can check out the source link at the end of this post.
Related: Samsung Galaxy Note 9 now available in the Philippines
The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 features a 6.4-inch quad HD+ Super AMOLED display, an octa-core Samsung Exynos 9810 processor, 12MP + 12MP dual rear cameras with variable aperture, an 8MP selfie shooter, and a new Bluetooth-enabled S Pen. There are two RAM/Storage variants — 6GB/128GB and 8GB/512GB.
As for the rest of the specs, the Note 9 also has an Iris Scanner, a Fingerprint Sensor, Facial Recognition, a USB Type-C port, IP68 rating, a 4,000 mAh battery, and Samsung Experience UI on top of Android 8.1 Oreo.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 is available in Samsung Experience Stores nationwide with a price PHP55,990 for the 128GB, and PHP75,990 for the 512GB.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 specs:
- 6.4-inch Quad HD+ Super AMOLED Display (2960 x 1440, 516 ppi)
- 19.5:9 Aspect Ratio
- 2.7GHz Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9810 Processor
- Mali-G72 MP18 GPU
- 6/8GB RAM
- 128/512GB Storage, microSD Card up to 512GB
- 12MP (f/1.5, f/2.4) + 12MP (f/2.4) Dual Rear Camera, 2x Optical Zoom, Dual OIS, LED Flash
- 8MP Front Camera, f/1.7
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth v5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- NFC, USB Type-C Port
- IP68 Dust and Water Resistance
- Iris Scanner, Fingerprint Sensor, Facial Recognition
- AKG Tuned Stereo Speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Samsung Experience v9.5, Android 8.1 Oreo
- Dimensions: 161.9 x 76.4 x 8.8mm, 201g
- Colors: Ocean Blue with Pearl Yellow S Pen, Midnight Black, Metallic Copper
- 4,000 mAh Battery, Fast Charging, Wireless Charging