You can now create Messenger Rooms to video chat with up to 50 people on Instagram. The news was announced on Twitter.
According to the Tweet, the feature can support video chat groups of up to 50 people, wherein anyone can be invited to join.
Facebook launched Messenger Rooms last April, allowing bigger group chats. They company also expanded WhatsApp Group Calls to now accommodate up to eight people.
To create a Messenger Room on Instagram, here’s what you need to do:
- Open Instagram and tap the Direct message button. Its the paper airplane icon on the upper right hand corner.
- Select the camera icon (New Video Chat), again on the upper right corner.
- Tap Create a Room.
- Then select Create Room as (your name).
- After that, you can choose the people you want to invite to your room.
- Tap Send, and just join the room you created. At this point, Instagram will take you to Facebook Messenger, where the actual video chat will take place.
That’s it. Enjoy.