OPPO unveiled the OPPO A55 5G in China. Their latest smartphone features a MediaTek Dimensity 700 chipset with a 5G modem, triple cameras, and a huge battery.
As mentioned, the OPPO A55 is powered a Dimensity 700 chip with two performance Cortex A76 cores clocked at 2.2GHz and six efficiency Cortex A55 cores running at 2GHz. It is paired with 6GB RAM and 128GB storage. There’s a microSD expansion slot for those who need more storage space.
Up front, it has a 6.5-inch HD+ LCD display with a 1600 x 720 resolution. It has a standard 60Hz refresh rate and offers up to 480 nits of brightness. A dew drop notch houses an 8MP selfie camera.
While at the back, four cameras are arranged vertically on a rectangular module. There’s a 13MP main and two 2MP for portrait and depth.
Completing the spec sheet, the OPPO A55 5G also has a 5,000mAh battery with 10-watt fast charging, a USB-C port, ColorOS 11, and a side-mounted fingerprint scanner embedded in the power key.
Price and Availability
The OPPO A55 5G has a price of CNY 1,599, which is around Php 11,900 or USD 250 when converted locally. It is already available in China in Light Blue and Rhythm Black.
Unfortunately, there’s no news yet of the phone coming to other markets.
OPPO A55 5G specs
- Display: 6.5-inch HD+ LCD Display, 1600 x 720, 480 nits
- Processor: 2.2GHz Octa-core MediaTek Dimensity 700
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC2
- RAM: 6GB RAM
- Storage: 128GB Storage, MicroSD Expansion Slot
- Rear Cameras: 13MP Main + 2MP Depth + 2MP Portrait, Triple Main Cameras
- Front Camera: 8MP Selfie Camera
- Network: 5G, 4G LTE
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi ac, Dual Band, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS
- Others: Side-mounted Fingerprint Scanner, USB-C, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, OTG
- OS: ColorOS 11, Android 11
- Colors: Light Blue, Rhythm Black
- Battery: 5,000mAh Battery, 10W Fast Charging