If there’s a silver lining to the lockdown, it’s that it accelerated the growth of e-commerce in the Philippines. More and more Filipinos are turning to the digital economy to build a business.
While there are many resources about e-commerce in general, there are few specific to the Philippines. To help bridge the gap, Bookshelf PH launched a new book called The E-Hustle: What the Country’s Best Digital Leaders Can Teach You About Launching and Growing Your Online Business.
The book features insights from the leaders who built the e-commerce infrastructure in the Philippines, including logistics, payments, and distribution channels; top online brands; and subject matter experts in relevant skills.
Featured leaders include:
- Steve Sy – Founder and CEO of Great Deals E-Commerce Corporation
- Charles Ryan Sy – President and CEO of Dropify
- Dannah Majarocon – Managing Director of Lalamove PH
- Martha Sazon – President and CEO of GCash
- Dino Araneta – Founder of QuadX
- Martin Yu – Director of Shopee Philippines
- Nina Ellaine Dizon-Cabrera – CEO of Colourette Cosmetics
- Kim Lato – CEO of Kimstore
- Ben Wintle – Founder and CEO of Booky
- Ace Gapuz – CEO of Blogapalooza
- Hiyasmin Neri-Soyao – Co-Founder and CEO of Shoppertainment LIVE Inc.
- Francis Plaza – Co-Founder and CEO of PayMongo
- Mario Domingo – Founder of Neural Mechanics Inc. and DARC Labs
- Agnes Gervacio – CEO of MDI Novare
- Zen Han – Vice President for National Sales of OPPO Philippines
- Stefano Fazzini – Co-Founder and CEO of MetroMart
- Michael McCullough – Founder of KMC Solutions
Rather than tap each business leader on a general discussion of e-commerce, each interviewee was asked to focus on their particular expertise. Ace Gapuz, the CEO of Blogapalooza, for example, shared her expertise on how brands can leverage influencer marketing to enhance their e-commerce capabilities.
She gave a high-level overview of how to choose the right influencers, set goals, and execute campaigns – all again within the specific context of the Philippines, the social media capital of the world.
Kyle Nate, the production editor of The E-Hustle, was proud to gather this caliber of experts for the book. Joining Nate are co-authors Mio Borromeo, Pancho Dizon, and Monica Padillo; managing editor Ada Ortega, and layout artist Josephine Daluz and cover artist Katrina Dela Cruz.
Globe CEO Ernest Cu contributed the foreword discussing the rise of e-commerce in the Philippines, while Senator Risa Hontiveros contributed the afterword focusing on the need for more entrepreneur-friendly legislation in the space.
The E-Hustle is available in both physical and eBook copies for order here: https://bit.ly/TheE-Hustle.