If you need a computer for online schooling or working-from-home arrangements, you can get a loan from GSIS if you’re a member.
The Government Service Insurance System or GSIS is offering a computer loan for members and their families for online classes or remote work. Under the loan program, members can borrow up to Php 30,000.
According to GSIS Dumaguete Branch Manager Igmido Pomay Jr., the loan is payable in three years at an interest of 6% per annum, amounting to a monthly amortization of Php 983.33.
Active members qualified to apply for the Computer Loan should meet the following conditions:
- Have paid at least three months of premiums
- Have a permanent appointment
- Are not on leave of absence without pay
- Have no pending administrative or criminal case
- Have no arrears under the GSIS Financial Loan
- Have no past due GSIS loan except housing loan
- Are not under suspended agencies.
If you’re a member and interested in availing the computer loan, GSIS advises to apply over the counter, drop boxes in GSIS offices, via email, via GSIS Wireless Automated Processing System (GWAPS) Kiosks, or through GSIS Touch.