LG recently launched the LG V10. The new smartphones comes with flagship specs, a durable body, dual 5MP front cameras, and video shooting prowess.
The LG V10 is the first device for the company’s new V series. The premium smartphone features many firsts such as the Dual Front Cameras and the dedicated 160 x 1040 resulution Second Screen. The Second Screen can be configured to display favorite contacts, apps and other shortcuts. But its biggest upgrade is it’s full Manual Mode for video.
The build quality is also improved. The back cover is made from a tough but soft silicone material they call Dura Skin. It protects the device from direct impact. Not only that, but LG is also claiming protection if dropped from up to 48 inches.
The rundown of the rest of the specs include a 5.7 inch QHD IPS Quantum display, a Qualcom Snapdragon 808 processor, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of storage, 16MP main camera, and the aforementioned dual 5MP front camera.
LG V10 specs:
- 5.7 inch QHD IPS Quantum Display (2560 x 1440; 513 ppi); Secondary Screen IPS Quantum Display (160 x 1040; 513 ppi)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 Processor (quad core 1.44 GHz and dual core 1.82 GHz)
- 4GB LPDDR3 RAM / 64GB eMMC ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
- 16MP main camera with F/1.8 Aperture, OIS 2.0
- 5MP front camera with Dual Lens (80 degree Standard Angle; 120 degree Wide Angle)
- LTE-A Cat. 6
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac; Bluetooth 4.1; NFC
- Dimensions: 159.6 x 79.3 x 8.6mm; 190g
- Color: Space Black
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- 3,000mAh removable battery
Dual Front Facing Cameras
The LG V10’s dual front facing cameras are two separate lenses that captures standard 80 degree selfies or perfect wide angle selfies of 120 degrees. It allows for more people to be included in a “groufie” or show more of your background while taking a regular selfie.
Advanced Mobile Video Abilities
One of the more prominent upgrades of the LG V10 is the full Manual Mode for video. Those who like to shoot video can control shutter speed, frame rate, ISO, white balance, and focus. It also comes with additional functions as well:
- Steady Record uses an electronic image stabilization (EIS) optimized for recording video to neutralize shake, helping to capture sharper video footage even when you’re on the move
- Snap Video Mode: create one video by combining many shorter videos
- 15-Sec. Auto Edit: create a short video highlight clip by automatically eliminating blurred frames and static scenes
- Quick Video Editor: easily trim or change the frame rate and add after-effects, such as colors and background music
- Quick Share: when finished recording, a pop-up appears on the display showing options of popular social networks to make video sharing even easier and faster
- Audio Monitoring: adjust the sensitivity of the three microphones more accurately during video recording and directly monitor and control audio inputs
- Wind Noise Filter: eliminate external wind noise for high-quality sound when shooting video outdoors
Price and Availability
The LG V10 will have an SRP of PHP 37,990. LG will also give away a 200GB microSD memory card worth PHP 11,000 for FREE, if you get the device from November 27 to November 29, 2015 in participating LG concept stores across the country.