So you have your Facebook Page setup and you want it jazzed up a bit. The easiest way to do that is to create a landing page so you can get the readers’ attention and convince them to like your page. There are many ways to create that landing page and the most common, yet more complicated, is through an iFrame tab. This requires you to create an app and go through steps, which can be quite cumbersome.
If you want a quick way to do it, follow the steps. This is what I did on my Facebook page which you can find here. And while you’re at it, please like my page.
So here are the steps you need to do to create that customized landing or welcome page on your Facebook fan page.
- You will need a Facebook app called Static HTML: iFrame tabs. You just need to click here to go to the app.
- Install the app and assign it to your Facebook fan page.
- You will then see a welcome tab on your Facebook fan page.
- Now you need to add the necessary codes but If you don’t know anything about codes, try this.
<h1>Welcome to my Facebook Page</h1>
<p>Place any text you want to show to your visitors</p>
If you want to display a photo in stead of text, try this.
<img src=”put link to image here” alt=”put name of image here” />
- Save the code. Try viewing the landing page as a non-fan visitor.
- Now all you need to do is edit your Facebook fan page setting s and make the welcome or landing page you created as the default landing page. You can change the default landing page at the Manage Permissions tab.
Here’s how my landing page looks like.
There’s another box meant for content to be seen only by fans. You may use that for promos or whatever it is that only your fans should see.