Monster, maker of cables and audio products and also the former partner of Beats Audio, just announced three new headphones with the equally interesting names and equally interesting designs – the Inspiration, Diamond Tears Edge and VEKTR.
These new headphones caught my attention with their unique, edgy designs and if only for the design, I would already get a pair for myself. The sound quality is of course untested and I would love to get my hands on one of these babies and make a detailed review.
The new headphones obviously have different markets in mind. The Monster Inspiration is the not edgiest of the three in terms of design but it’s the one that got my attention. I like it’s clean lines and premium styling and I also like the squared look. It is edgy enough without having to look too over the top. Monster’s website lists with a $329.95 price tag and highlights these features:
- Exceptional music reproduction
- Personalize your look through interchangeable headbands
- Noise cancelling so you hear only the music
- Super-comfortable ear cushions for long trips
- Includes ControlTalk Universal Cable and Apple ControlTalk Cable, for calls through your headphones
The second headphones is the Monster Diamond Tears Edge and it’s obviously meant for the ladies. The diamond design on the ear cups is flashy, trendy and fashionable. This can double as an accessory for the ladies. It is priced at $349.95 and offers the following features:
- High-performance music headphone lets you feel like you are in the studio with the recording artists
- Includes ControlTalk Universal Cable for calls through your headphones
- Low profile, right-angle connector for a snag-free, secure fit
- No-hassle, tangle-free cable lets you move freely
- Monster Cleaning Cloth with advanced Aegis Microbe Shield
The last of the bunch is the Monster VEKTR. This one is the trendiest of the lot, and the one that could get the most attention from would-be buyers. It is very edgy and very hip, a good fashion accent if you may. It’s too edgy for my taste though but it’s admittedly still good looking. The Monster VEKTR headphones was designed by Monster in cooperation with clothing brand Diesel, so there’s a Diesel logo is on the headphones. The VEKTR is priced at $279.95 and carries the following features:
- Ultra performance folding headphone co-developed by Italian fashion designer, Diesel and Monster.
- High-Def cable triangular lines for a tangle-free life.
- Touring case secure protection for your ear gear while on the go.
- Cleaning cloth Monster cloth with advanced Aegis Microbe Shield.
- ControlTalk Universal hands free control of your music and phone calls.