I had a chance to play with Lenovo’s new Yoga Tablet 10HD+ during their launch event for the S850 Smartphone and A8-50 tablet. It looks the same as it’s predecessor, the Yoga Tablet 10, except that they have upgraded the specs.
Speaking of upgraded specs, the screen’s resolution has been upgraded to 1920 x 1200 (up from the passable 1280 x 800 of the original). It now also features a quad core Qualcomm CPU (another welcome upgrade from the original’s MediaTek CPU), and an impressive 2GB of RAM.
Playing around with it, I noticed that the tablet’s operation feels fast and smooth. It was quick and very responsive. Also, the build quality is impressive. It feels solid and well-built. And the stand at the back gives it a nice angle (great for videos!).
Too bad the Lenovo rep doesn’t have any info regarding price or release yet.
Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10HD+ specs:
- 10.1-inch IPS LCD display (1920 x 1200, 224 ppi)
- 1.6GHz quad-core Qualcomm MSM8228 Snapdragon 400 CPU
- Adreno 305 GPU
- 2GB of RAM
- 16/32 GB of storage (+microSD up to 64GB)
- 8MP rear camera
- 1.6MP front camera
- 3G, HSPA+, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, USB OTG
- 9,000mAh battery
- Android 4.3, upgradable to Android 4.4 KitKat