Last week, ASUS Philippines announced three laptops that made us believe in the laptops again. The new line of laptops were thoughtfully designed for gaming, for mobility and for productivity.
For the Serious Gamer
The Republic of Gamers (ROG) Series G551 notebook is made specifically for gamers. Powered by Intel Core i7 processors and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M graphics card with Microsoft DirectX 11, this powerhouse can easily run today’s modern games smoothly at their highest settings. The G Series laptops also come with wide-angle IPS displays that provide gamers with Full HD visuals.
The G Series’ design features a matte-black brushed-aluminum finish with red diamond-cut edges, and bears an illuminated ROG logo on the lid. The keyboards are designed especially for gamers, and the cooling system removes heat with minimum fan noise. The 15 inch Full HD IPS panel have wide 178-degree viewing angles, and guarantees accurate colors.
The ASUS ROG G551 retails for a reasonable price of P69,995.
ROG Series G551 specs:
- Processor: Intel Core i7-4710HQ
- Operating System: WIN8.1
- Memory: DDR3L 1600 MHz 16GB
- Display: 15.6” AG FHD IPS LED backlight (1920 x 1080)
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M with 4GB GDDR5 VRAM
- Storage: SATA 1TB 7200RPM 2.5′ HDD
- Optical Drive: DVD Super-Multi / Blu-ray read
- Camera: Built-in HD camera and array mic
- Dimension and Weight: 38.2(W) x 25.5(D) x 3.2(H) cm, 2.7 Kg (for 6-cell Battery)
On the Go
ASUS released the first 2-in-1 notebook. Now, the electronics giant announced their new hybrid, the Transformer Book T300FA. This 12.5-inch hybrid is equipped with Intel’s new Core M (5Y10) processor and 4GB of RAM.
Powered by the new Intel Core M processor, this new Transformer Book balances performance with power efficiency. It has a fanless design that enables the notebook to run silently. It is now available nationwide at ASUS authorized re-sellers for P32,995.
Transformer Book T300FA specs:
- Display: 12.5-inch IPS HD Display (1366 x 768)
- Processor: Intel Core M 5Y10 Processor
- RAM: LPDDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM, 4GB
- Storage: 64GB ISSD (Tablet), 500GB, up to 1TB (Dock)
- OS: Windows 8.1
- Battery: 30WHrs, 2S1P, 2-cell Li-ion Polymer Battery Pack
- Dimensions and Weight: 30.8(W) x 20.7(D) x 0.99 ~ 1.03 (H) cm; 1.50 kg
Thinner than Air
The event’s main attraction, the Transformer Book T300Chi is the world’s thinnest notebook at only 1.65 cm. Powered by Intel’s Core M processor and 4GB of RAM, the notebook skims the line between performance and power efficiency. It won the 2015 CES Innovation Award.
The T300Chi comes with razor-thin profiles and quiet performance with its fanless design. The design features precision craftsmanship with a seamless all-aluminum unibody design. Chi’s instant, seamless transformation between tablet and laptop is made possible by the magnetic hinge mechanism, using powerful neodymium magnets arranged to ensure secure, reliable and trouble-free docking. The highly-ergonomic keyboard is connected via Bluetooth, with a working range of up to 20m.
The ASUS Transformer Book T300Chi is now available in all ASUS Authorized Re-Sellers nationwide for P39,995.
Transformer Book T300Chi specs:
- Display: 12.5 inch IPS Full HD Display (1920 x 1080)
- Processor: Intel Core M 5Y10/5Y71 Processor
- RAM: 4GB LPDDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM, up to 8GB
- Storage: 128 GB SSD
- OS: Windows 8.1
- Battery: 32Whrs – Tablet; 2Whrs – Dock
- Weight: 1.43 kg
- Dimensions: 317.8 x 191.6 x 7.6 ~ 16.5 mm (WxDxH)