We were given some time to play around with the ZenFone 2 on the demo area during the launch. Poking around the phone, we noticed that the UI is very fast and responsive. Here’s the ZenUI in action.
The UI is very clean, and the icons are consistent.
The notification controls look clean as well.
The recent apps launches fast. Scrolling is very smooth.
The ergonomically curved rear cover gives it a good feel in the hand. The volume controls, which also function as a camera shutter button for selfies, is found there as well.
Power button is on top. Love the metallic texture.
Compared with the Galaxy S6
I had the Galaxy S6 at hand and decided to take similar pictures to compare how it fares against the flagship. The ASUS ZenFone 2 was able to hold its own.
Remember the ZenFone 2 is a third of the Galaxy S6’s price. These photos were resized in Photoshop with no enhancements.
Well, there you have it. The ZenFone 2 at a glance. Its fast, responsive, and well-built. We can’t wait till May for its launch in the Philippines.
ASUS ZenFone 2 ZE551ML key specs:
- 5.5-inch super-bright IPS display (1920 x 1080; 403ppi)
- 2.3GHz/1.8GHz 64-bit Intel Atom Z3580/Z3560 Quad Core Processor
- PowerVR Series 6 – G6430 with OpenGL 3.2 support
- 4GB RAM 64-bit dual-channel LPDDR3
- 16GB/32GB/64GB, ASUS WebStorage 5GB (lifetime)
- 13MP main Auto-Focus PixelMaster Camera, large aperture f/2.0, 5-element lens
- 5MP front PixelMaster camera with 85 degree field of view, large aperture f/2.0,5-element lens
- Dual Micro-SIM support with Dual SIM Dual Active
- 4G LTE Cat4
- Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac dual band up to 433Mbps
- Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP
- NFC support (ZE551ML model)
- 3,000mAh lithium-polymer; ASUS BoostMaster fast-charging technology
- ASUS ZenUI 2.0 based on Android 5.0 Lollipop