If you’ve been following ASUS Philippines on Facebook, then you probably saw what others can’t see. But for the rest, surprise surprise! The consumer electronics company just posted a teaser image on their Facebook page about the launch of the ZenFone 2 in the Philippines.
Do you see what others can’t see? If not, look closely at the image, particularly the ZenFone 2’s display. Check out the time, date and location. It says 4PM, May 16, Saturday with Manila as location (to indicate the Philippines). Other than the cool 25 degree temperature (no one in Manila will believe that one), it seems to point out that the launch date is already set.
The ZenFone 2 launched in SE Asia region in Jakarta, Indonesia last April. We were there during the launch and we, along with fellow esteemed bloggers, were really impressed. The smartphone comes with a 5.5 inch IPS display, a 64-bit quad-core Intel processor, a huge 4GB of RAM (yes, that’s a lot more than current flagships!) and a 13MP PixelMaster main camera.
Oh, and since the ZenFone 2 is not yet officially here, the ones you see being sold in malls or online are not official as well. Meaning it doesn’t come with ASUS PH warranty and support. We’re not saying they’re unreliable or what not, we’re just saying to be cautious and be aware. Incidentally, local prices are yet to be announced as well.
Be sure to read our coverage of the ASUS ZenFone 2 SE Asia regional launch in Jakarta (here) for additional information.
ASUS ZenFone 2 ZE551ML key specs:
- 5.5-inch super-bright IPS display (1920 x 1080; 403ppi)
- 2.3GHz/1.8GHz 64-bit Intel Atom Z3580/Z3560 Quad Core Processor
- PowerVR Series 6 – G6430 with OpenGL 3.2 support
- 4GB RAM 64-bit dual-channel LPDDR3
- 16GB/32GB/64GB, ASUS WebStorage 5GB (lifetime)
- 13MP main Auto-Focus PixelMaster Camera, large aperture f/2.0, 5-element lens
- 5MP front PixelMaster camera with 85 degree field of view, large aperture f/2.0,5-element lens
- Dual Micro-SIM support with Dual SIM Dual Active
- 4G LTE Cat4
- Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac dual band up to 433Mbps
- Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP
- NFC support (ZE551ML model)
- 3,000mAh lithium-polymer; ASUS BoostMaster fast-charging technology
- ASUS ZenUI 2.0 based on Android 5.0 Lollipop