ASUS announced on their forum that the Marshmallow updates for the ASUS ZenFone 2 and its variants will come on Q2 of 2016. All the 2015 ZenFones and the PadFone S will get the update.
Here’s the list of ASUS smartphones getting the Marshmallow update. I’m glad the ZenFone Max is there.
- PadFone S (PF500KL)
- ZenFone 2 (ZE550ML, ZE551ML)
- ZenFone 2 Deluxe (ZE551ML)
- ZenFone 2 Deluxe Special Edition (ZE551ML)
- ZenFone 2 Laser (ZE500KG, ZE500KL, ZE550KL, ZE551KL, ZE600KL, ZE601KL)
- ZenFone Selfie (ZD551KL)
- ZenFone Max (ZC550KL)
- ZenFone Zoom (ZX551ML)
No details from ASUS yet on what changes will come with the update. But they did mention that three ZenUI apps – ASUS Messenger, ASUS Mail and ASUS Calendar – will be removed and replaced with Google’s Android M versions of it (Google Messenger, Calendar and Gmail) if you restore to factory settings after the update. The apps will be available for download in Google Play if you’re a fan though.
- ASUS ROG is World’s Best Gaming Laptop; Unveils Three New Models
- ZenFone Max Review: 5,000mAh Monster
For more tech-centric news and reviews, please follow us on Facebook (facebook.com/TechnoBaboy), and Twitter (@technobaboy). We’ll do our best to keep you up-to-date.