Sony Philippines has recently introduced the Xperia M4 Aqua. The mid-range smartphone features a 5-inch HD display, an octa-core processor, and a dust and water proof body. Best of all, it’s only PHP 14,490.
“Xperia M4 Aqua represents our renewed mid-range focus – with no compromises. Offering the most popular standout features made famous by our Xperia Z Series; camera capability, two-day battery life and waterproofing – Xperia M4 Aqua brings a proposition and price, products in this section of the market simply cannot match,” says Jhoana Benedicto, Marketing Officer for Mobile, Sony Philippines.
Sony M4 Aqua key specs:
- 5-inch IPS LCD display (1280 x 720; 294 ppi); scratch-resistant glass
- Octa-core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor (1.5 GHz x4; 1.0 GHz x4)
- Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB of storage (+microSD up to 128 GB)
- 13MP main camera with f/2.0, up to ISO 3200
- 5MP front camera
- LTE capable
- Nano SIM
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual band, DLNA, hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.1 w/ A2DP, NFC, GPS, FM Radio
- 2,400 mAh battery; non-removable (up to 2 days battery life)
- Dimensions: 145.5 x 72.6 x 7.3 mm; 136 g
- Color: White, Black, Coral
- IP65/8 certified (dust and water proof up to 1.5 meters and 30 minutes)
- Android Lollipop 5.0
- PHP 14,490
Like its bigger Xperia sibling, the M4 Aqua’s big draw is its IP65/8 certification. This makes the device water proof up to 1.5 meters, and will survive up to 30 minutes under water. Crafted from the ground up, Xperia M4 Aqua has an understated premium design, a tempered glass display, and a dust and waterproof body. It was also reengineered to do away with the cap that covers the microUSB.
For a mid-range device, the M4 Aqua sports a 13MP camera powered by Sony’s Exmor RS mobile sensor. It features a large F2.0 aperture and ISO sensitivity up to 3200. Along with its highly touted intelligent Superior Auto Mode, the camera can analyze up to 52 different scenarios, allowing you to create vivid shots, even in low-light or against strong backlight.
64-bit Octa-core Snapdragon Processor
Specs-wise, the M4 Aqua won’t disappoint. Powering the device is a 64-bit octa-core Snapdragon 615 processor with four 1.5 GHz performance cores and four 1.0 GHz energy efficient cores. It has a 2GB of RAM to handle multitasking, and an Adreno 405 GPU for gaming.
The Sony M4 Aqua is now available locally with an SRP of PHP 14,490.