OPPO recently announced another new smartphone with camera specs to make selfie enthusiasts proud. The OPPO A37 is coming this July, and it boasts a metal unibody and a front camera with a large 1/4-inch sensor.
The OPPO A37 is not branded a “selfie expert,” but it does have the chops to be one. The front camera packs a back-side illuminated 1/4-inch sensor with a large 1.4um pixel size. As you may know, bigger pixel size means more light coming in which should result to improved photos. It has most of the features that selfie enthusiasts look for — Beautify 4.0, Screen Flash, and a Selfie Panorama mode among others.
Under the hood, the OPPO A37 is powered by an efficient quad-core Snapdragon 410 processor, 2GB of RAM and an Adreno 306 GPU. Storage is set at 16GB with expansion options via a microSD card slot that support up to 128GB. The 8MP main camera has a 1/3.2-inch sensor, an aperture of f/2.0, autofocus and a LED flash.
Build-wise, the OPPO A37 boasts a durable magnesium-aluminium alloy chassis, a smooth rear panel, and a 5-inch Corning Gorilla Glass-protected 2.5D display that allows a sleek, flowing design.
OPPO A37 Key Specs:
- 5-inch HD IPS Display (1280×720; 294 ppi); 2.5D; Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- 1.2GHz Quad-core Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410 Processor
- Adreno 306 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB Storage +microSD up to 128GB
- 8MP Main Camera with 1/3.2” sensor, f/2.0, AF, LED Flash
- 5MP Front Camera with 1/4” sensor, f/2.4
- Dual SIM
- LTE, HSPA, GSM
- Wi-F 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth v4.0
- GPS with A-GPS
- FM Radio
- Dirac HD Sound
- Android 5.1 Lollipop, Color OS 3.0
- 2,630 mAh Non-removable Battery
- Dimension: 5.63 x 2.80 x 0.30 in
- Colors: Gold, Rose Gold
The OPPO A37 is due to hit the Philippine market on July 1, 2016. It will have an SRP of P8,990.