ASUS announced the ZenFone 3 Zoom at the CES 2017. The company’s latest and greatest sports dual cameras and a large 5,000mAh battery.
ASUS ZenFone 3 Zoom
With the ZenFone 3 Zoom, ASUS effectively combine the top two things people are looking for: a good camera and a large battery. The phone will use two 12MP camera configuration powered by Sony IMX362 sensors, with the secondary lens providing 2.3x optical zoom. It is a system used by Apple on the iPhone 7 Plus. One of the main draws, I would imagine, is how the two lenses can be used to provide a bokeh effect to photos.
As for the rest of the specs, it’s mostly midrange. The ZenFone 3 Zoom features a metal unibody build, a 5.5-inch full HD AMOLED display with Corning’s Gorilla Glass 5, and a large 5000 mAh battery. Under the hood, it is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor, paired with 4GB of RAM and an Adreno 506 GPU. It comes with a USB Type-C port and it has an audio port.
The ASUS ZenFone 3 Zoom will be available this quarter. There are no details yet regarding the price. But if the ZenFones are any indication, I have a feeling it will command a premium one.
ASUS ZenFone 3 Zoom (ZE553KL) Specs:
- 5.5-inch Full HD AMOLED Display (1920 x 1080), Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 2.0 GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- Up to 128GB Storage +microSD via 2nd SIM Slot
- Dual 12MP Main Camera w/ Sony IMX362 Sensor, Dual LED Flash, 1/2.55” Sensor, 1.4um Pixel Size
- Secondary Zoom Camera 2.3X Optical Zoom, 59mm Focal Length, Up to 12x Digital Zoom
- 13MP Front Camera w/ 1/3.06” Sony IMX214 Sensor, 1.12um Pixel Size
- ASUS TriTech+ Auto Focus System (Laser, OIS, EIS)
- Dual Nano SIM, Dual Standby
- Wi-Fi b/g/n
- Bluetooth v4.2
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDSS
- USB Type-C
- FM Radio
- Fingerprint Sensor, IR Sensor
- Android 6.0 w/ ASUS ZenUI 3.0
- Dimensions: 6.07 x 3.03 x .31 in; 170 g
- Colors: Navy Black, Glacier Silver, Rose Gold