Huawei announced the Huawei Mate 10 Pro a few days ago. They also announced a Porsche Design variant that retails well over Php72,000.
Huawei Mate 10 Pro
If you’re a fan of Huawei, or if you’re looking for alternatives to what Samsung and Apple offers, then you should definitely check out the Huawei Mate 10 Pro. This is the pinnacle of the company’s innovation and research in terms of design, performance, photography and more.
The handset features a 6-inch 18:9 FullView display with 2160 x 1080 resolution. It joins this year’s batch of phones that have tiny bezels, and a taller but slimmer profile.
Under the hood, the Mate 10 Pro is powered by an octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 970 processor paired with 4GB/6GB RAM, and 64GB/128GB storage. The Porsche Design variant boasts 6GB RAM / 256GB storage combination. It will also have Huawei’s Neural Processing Unit (NPU), which reduces the phone’s performance degradation over a period of time through learned behavior.
The handset will also feature dual 20MP + 12MP rear cameras with Leica Optics. It’s f/1.6 aperture lens has Lossless Zoom and is supported by OIS, PDAF, Laser AF and a dual LED flash. The front camera uses single 8MP shooter with a f/2.0 aperture lense.
Rounding off the rest of the specs, we’ll also see a USB Type-C port, an IR Blaster, IP67 Water and Dust Resistance, and a 4,000 mAh battery.
The Huawei Mate 10 Pro is priced at EUR 799. When converted, that’s roughly Php49,000 — around the same price as current flagships. The Porsche Design variant is another matter. It goes for a whopping USD 1,395, or roughly Php72,000.
Huawei Mate 10 Pro specs:
- 6-inch FullView IPS Display (2160 x 1080)
- 18:9 Aspect Ratio, Gorilla Glass
- Octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 970 Processor
- Mali-G72 MP12 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB, 6GB for Porsche Design Variant
- 64GB / 128GB Storage, 256GB for Porsche Design Variant
- Dual 20MP + 12MP Rear Camera, Leica Optics, f/1.6, OIS, 2x Lossless Zoom, PDAF, Laser AF, Dual LED Flash
- 8MP Front Camera, f/2.0
- 4G LTE
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Dual Band
- Bluetooth v4.2, aptX HD
- NFC, IR Blaster
- IP67 Water and Dust Resistance
- USB Type-C
- Fingerprint Scanner (Front Mounted)
- EMUI 8.0, Android 8.0 Oreo
- 4,000 mAh Battery, SuperCharge
- Colors: Mocha Brown, Champagne Gold, Pink Gold
For more geek-centric news and reviews, please follow us on Facebook (facebook.com/TechnoBaboy), YouTube (TechnoBryan), Twitter (@technobaboy), and Instagram (technobryan). We’ll do our best to keep you up-to-date.