ASUS is rolling out the Oreo update for the ASUS ZenFone 3, bringing with it new features such as an improved notifications handling and autofill functions.
ASUS ZenFone 3 Oreo Update
The ASUS ZenFone 3 Oreo update is at least 1.5GB in size, and when installed, will remove some of the pre-installed apps like the MiniMovie, Photocollage, and Do It Later. It will also update the launcher to have the ability to swipe up to access all apps. Other changes include a cleaner UI design, a better battery savings features, autofill functions, and an improved notifications handling.
Both 5.5-inch ZE520KL and the 5.5-inch ZE552KL versions will receive the update. According to the Asus, it will take some days for their system to complete the OTA. For those who want to check if its available for their phones, you can manually do so by going to Settings> About> System Update.
- ASUS officially launches the ZenFone Max Plus M1 in the Philippines
- Asus ZenFone 4 receives Oreo update
- ASUS ZenFone 3 ZE552KL Review
ASUS may not be as aggressive or as popular as it used to be, but it does have a pretty decent track record when it comes to OS updates for many of its smartphone lines. That’s something to consider when looking for a new phone.
ASUS ZenFone ZE552KL specs:
- 5.5-inch Super IPS+ Full HD Display (1920 x 1080; 401 ppi)
- 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 2GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 Processor
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB Storage +microSD via Hybrid SIM Slot
- 16MP Main Camera, Sony IMX298 sensor, PixelMaster 3, F/2.0, Dual-Tone Flash, OIS + EIS
- ASUS TriTech Autofocus System, 2nd Gen Laser AF, Phase Detection AF, Continuous AF
- 8MP Front Camera
- Dual SIM (Hybrid Slot for SD Card)
- Cat 6 LTE
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac MU-MIMO
- Bluetooth v4.2
- USB Type-C Port, USB 2.0 connectivity
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3,000mAh Non-removable Battery
- Colors: Sapphire Black, Moonlight White, Shimmer Gold
For more geek-centric news and reviews, please follow us on Facebook (facebook.com/TechnoBaboy), YouTube (TechnoBryan), Twitter (@technobaboy), Instagram (technobryan), and Google+ (technobryan). We’ll do our best to keep you up-to-date.
[Source: ASUS ZenTalk]