Xiaomi launches the Xiaomi Mi 8 SE. Its the first smartphone to rock Qualcomm’s new Snapdragon 710 processor.
Xiaomi Mi 8 SE
Xiaomi unveiled the Mi 8 SE, the first smartphone powered by Qualcomm’s new Snapdragon 710 processor. The “special edition” handset debuts alongside the Mi 8 and the Mi 8 Explorer Edition.
The smartphone features a 5.88-inch Super AMOLED display with 2244 by 1080 resolution, a notch, and an 18.7:9 aspect ratio.
Under the hood, the device is powered by a 2.2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 processor paired with an Adreno 616 graphics chip, up to 6GB RAM, and 64GB storage. The new midrange processor is built on the 10nm process and focuses on AI and AR.
Imaging is handled by a dual 12MP + 5MP camera on the rear, and 20MP camera in front. It comes with AI enhancements as well.
Battery capacity is at 3,120 mAh and has support for quick charge. The rest of the specs includes a rear mounted fingerprint sensor, a USB Type-C port, and MIUI 10 based on Android Oreo.
- Xiaomi Mi 8 features Snapdragon 845, IR face unlock, dual rear cameras
- Here’s what you can buy at the Mi Store in TriNoma and SM Megamall
The Xiaomi Mi 8 SE has a retail price of CNY 1,799 for the 4GB model and CNY 1,999 for the 6GB variant. When converted, that amounts to around PHP 14,800 and PHP 16,400, respectively.
Xiaomi Mi 8 SE Specs:
- 5.88-inch Super AMOLED Full HD+ Display (2244 x 1080, 423ppi)
- HDR10, Corning Gorilla Glass
- 2.2GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 Processor
- Adreno 616 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB RAM
- 64GB of Storage
- Dual Rear Cameras, 12MP (f/1.9) + 5MP (f/2.0), LED Flash
- 20MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE
- Dual Nano SIM
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth v5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, Galileo
- Fingerprint Sensor, IR
- USB Type-C
- MIUI 10, Android 8.1 Oreo
- Dimensions: 147.3 x 73.1 x 7.5mm, 164g
- Colors: Gold, Blue, Red, Gray
- 3,120 mAh Battery