The Huawei Mate 20 X is the company’s big surprise of the night. The gaming smartphone features a 7.2-inch display, vapor chamber cooling.
Huawei Mate 20 X
Huawei capped off the evening with a “one more thing” moment and announced the Huawei Mate 20 X. The handset is the company’s contender in the arena of gaming smartphones.
The Huawei Mate 20 X comes with a humungous 7.2-inch display, a size close to the Nintendo Switch’s screen.
Huawei highlights the Mate 20 X’s focus on gaming, and features gaming-centric functionalities such as a Vapour Chamber and Graphene Film cooling system, which they claim can keep the Kirin 980 cool under extreme loads; and a gamepad attachment with analog controls and a D-pad. It also has a larger 5,000 mAh battery for long play times.
As for its other specs, it’s virtually the same as the Mate 20 Pro with 6GB RAM, 128GB storage, and triple Leica rear cameras.
The Huawei Mate 20 X will have a retail price of EUR 899 (roughy PHP 56,100 or USD 1,050). It will be available starting October 26, 2018.
Huawei Mate 20 X specs:
- 7.2-inch Quad HD+ OLED Display (2244 x 1080)
- 19.5:9 Aspect Ratio, HDR Support
- Octa-Core HiSilicon Kirin 980 Processor, 2 x Cortex A76 2.6 GHz + 2 x Cortex A76 1.92 GHz + 4 x Cortex A55 1.8 GHz
- Mali-G76 MP10, GPU Turbo 2.0
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB UFS 2.1 Storage, Nano Memory Card
- Triple Rear Cameras, 40MP (f/1.8, Wide) + 20MP (f/2.2, Ultra Wide) + 8MP (f/2.4, 3x Telephoto), Leica Optics, AIS
- 24MP Front Camera, f/2.0, Leica Optics, 3D RGB + IR
- 4G LTE Cat 21
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac
- Bluetooth v5.0
- GPS, NFC
- USB Type-C Port
- Stereo Speakers
- In-Display Fingerprint Scanner
- 3D Face Unlock
- Vapour Chamber and Graphene Film Cooling System
- IP53 Water and Dust Resistance
- EMUI 9.0, Android 9.0 Pie
- Huawei M-Pen Support
- Colors: Twilight, Classical Black, Midnight Blue, Emerald Green, Pink Gold
- 5,000 mAh Battery, SuperCharge Fast Charging, Wireless Charging, Reverse Charging